Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Beneficiary Designations Are Easy and Flexible
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their will or estate. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three, simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name MANNA FoodBank as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and MANNA over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left MANNA a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because MANNA is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support our mission.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes-leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The 3 Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.
- Contact Chad Conaty at 828 774-5910 or 828 299-3663 ext 1243 or email@example.com for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support MANNA with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name MANNA in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
- Please let us know of your intent so we can recognize you in our Future Plate Circle of Friends.
Legal Name: MANNA FoodBank, Inc.
Address: 627 Swannanoa River Road Asheville, NC 28805
Federal Tax ID Number: 58-1514800