Securities and Mutual Funds as Donations
Receive a Tax Deduction for Using These as Gifts
Securities and mutual funds that have increased in value and been held for more than one year are one of the most popular assets to use when making a gift to MANNA FoodBank. Making a gift of securities or mutual funds to us offers you the chance to support our work while realizing important benefits for yourself.
When you donate appreciated securities or mutual funds you have held more than one year to us in support of our mission, you can reduce or even eliminate federal capital gains taxes on the transfer. You may also be entitled to a federal income tax charitable deduction based on the fair market value of the securities at the time of the transfer.
Securities are most often used to support our work in the form of:
An outright gift. When you donate securities to MANNA, you receive the same income tax savings that you would if you wrote us a check, but with the added benefit of eliminating capital gains taxes on the transfer, which can be as high as 20 percent.
A transfer on death (TOD) account.* By placing a TOD designation on your brokerage or investment account, that account will be paid over to one or more persons or charities after your lifetime.
Click on the links below to see the additional ways to fund your gift:
- A gift in your will or living trust.
- A donor advised fund.
- A memorial gift.
- An endowed gift.
- A charitable gift annuity.
- A charitable remainder trust.
- A charitable lead trust.
*State laws govern payable on death accounts. Please consult with your bank representative or investment advisor if you are considering this gift.
Calculate Your Benefits
Submit a few details and see which gift is right for you.
- Contact Chad Conaty at 828 774-5910 or 828 299-3663 ext 1243 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on appreciated securities.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include MANNA in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
- Please let us know of your intent so we can recognize you in our Future Plate Circle of Friends.
Legal Name: MANNA FoodBank, Inc.
Address: 627 Swannanoa River Road Asheville, NC 28805
Federal Tax ID Number: 58-1514800